Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twilight Saga New Moon Party by Jet Mante


Part of my winnings from the party :)

For those of you who don't know it New Moon is the second book in the Twilight Saga, which includes Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. The series is written by Stephenie Meyer, and the first movie came out last year. The premiere of New Moon in Australia is at midnight on November 19. To celebrate Borders is holding a Twilight (Saga) Party, and as I absolutely love the books, and am sort of obsessed with them I decided to go to the party. Mom and Dad had visitors, but they allowed me to go by myself!

After Dad had dropped me off at the dingy dock I walked to Borders, only stopping to ask directions once. When I did ask directions I didn’t really need them, because when I looked again I could see Borders just one block down.

When I reached Borders I saw no sign of a party. I was looking around thinking what to do when a staff member approached the door. At first I thought that he was going to ask me if I was okay, and offer help, but when he opened his mouth he asked “Are you here for the Twilight Party?”

I was very relieved, and I asked if he could wait while I called my parents. After 3 tries, and hearing nothing I decided that they were busy and didn’t hear the VHF. I finally gave up and went inside.

On the third floor I found about eight women in their late forties, and three twenty year old Borders staff members. I settled in, feeling a little out of place, and introduced myself.

I was handed 5 quiz sheets and told to make myself at home. On the quizzes, I did rather well, having an average 10 out of 15. I even won the last round, receiving 2 free New Moon passes, and a Twilight 2010 Calendar.

After finishing their quiz I wrote my own. I also learned that Emmett, the wolf pack, and Edward were the main attractions for people to go and see New Moon. We shared how we had been introduced to the Twilight Series, which turned out to be either by seeing the first movie or a friend suggesting the book (for me it was the latter).

The last thing we did was ‘pin a kiss on your favorite character’. The character, who earned the most kisses was Emmett, with Jacob coming in second and Alice third with three kisses including mine.

At nine o’clock I headed downstairs, just as I had promised Dad. As I hurried downstairs I saw Dad talking to a Borders staff member, and trying to enter Borders. When I saw him I rushed over, and after he told the Borders person how concerned some people had been we left. He told me how Mom had been very worried, because when she came an hour earlier to surprise me she could find no sign of a party and this mega-bookstore was all locked up. Adding to this the absence of a VHF call from me, Mom had come to frightening conclusions. After Dad had called Mom on VHF and reassured her that I was OK, we walked home living the saying “All is well that ends well!”

No comments:

Post a Comment